Friday, October 26, 2012

Packing for Japan

I really don't like packing.... but I believe it is easier than unpacking, simply because at some point it must be done; whereas living out of boxes/suitcases forever is totally possible. ;)

I will be teaching in Japan at a similar type of institution as the Korean hagwon. It is a type of private school/business/after-school academy. After my experiences in Korea, I am a little wary, but I have been to Japan before and had both good and bad experiences. The bad experiences in Japan being far less troubling and more easily avoidable by living on my own is making it a little easier to push forward.

I have made several shopping/packing lists, and have more than I actually need. While many people believe this should be easier the second time, it isn't. Before going to Korea I purchased more 'work appropriate' clothing only to arrive and find that the places I was working were (WAY too) casual. (I clearly remember the director's wife who worked as a secretary coming in frequently in a white knit, sleeveless, shirt with a black and floral bra underneath.) Now I will be working in Japan which is much more strict with their dress codes. However, all the clothes I bought before going to Korea are useless to me since I have lost weight and 2-3 pant sizes. It is a sad thing, and horrible for my now empty bank account since I had to buy all new suits and pants.

With the clothing worries aside, I am looking forward to a new experience (and getting back out of food service--though it is paying the bills and about the only job I could get with only 3 months to work in).

I received my Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and contacted the consulate to find out how to mail all the paperwork in (to save my non-existent money on gas~).

After that, it's just waiting and finalizing my packing lists.

I wish...

My mother has decided to move on in her life and will be selling our home from the last 20-some odd years. So the reason this time is harder is because I have to pack up everything.

I've been lazy lately... I need to get back to work on convincing myself to throw it all away!!!! (Except the books, of course =_+)

Anyways, it has been a long day and I seem to finding myself working everyday and everyone's hours, so I should sleep.... *just think about money, money, money....*

No comments:

Post a Comment