Sunday, November 30, 2014

Life Update

So, for those watching my blog, you are seeing some action finally! I know it's been a while. To be honest, I don't actually have internet in Japan which is what's been keeping me from posting anything.

I know what you are thinking. Obviously I am posting this now, so I must have some internet, right? Those who know me know that my internet use is simply tethering the internet from my phone and using the computer through it. Since cell phones contracts in Japan come with "unlimited internet" this seemed like a good deal when I arrived. However, as with everything involving life in Japan, nothing here is cheap or easy... well... you know what I mean.
So my "unlimited" internet actually translates to "unlimited but..." after 7GB of data transfer over a 3G/4G connection, the internet slows down to a pace that makes snails look fast. I frequently pass over my limit anywhere between the 13th and the 30th of the month. If, by chance, the month is coming to an end and I have data left, I usually pull an all-nighter (even on work nights, or just the weekend before). Basically, if you pass this limit, you can still check facebook and e-mails and such, but be prepared for dial-up connection speeds, don't expect any images or videos to load, and make plans to go outdoors because you will have nothing left to do at home but clean or read books (which I usually do all of the above quite happily). If nothing else, it's a nice way to get away from your computer/phone and force yourself to do something else!

So, posting has basically become difficult to say the least. However, as I am now about to finish the last week of my second full year in Japan, I felt it was time to try and get this blog functioning again ;)

I will try to post some back posts including my second year in Korea and the last two here in Japan. As it is, I am currently thinking about returning to Korea this coming April when I've finished my current contract.

Whatever I chose Tokyo is out.
To explain: my skin, eyes, throat, and pretty much all of myself has been rejecting Tokyo since I arrived. From my eyes going so dry that I get swores on the insides of my eyelids (and no, I don't wear contacts, so it's really strange) and eczema on my neck/chin that makes me look like I have a 5 o'clock shadow before I finally started paying $20 a week to get medicine and laser treatments (neither of these issues existed when I lived in Shizuoka) are telling me that Tokyo is just not for me~! (I heard from a co-worker that his girlfriend started getting nasty warts all over her hands after they moved here... she has to get them all removed surgically.)

Just a nice little teaser for those of you who think you want to move to Tokyo~ :-p

Until next time (which hopefully won't be too long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment