Saturday, March 7, 2015

The rush before the move

Oh how I hate moving...

So, since my (now) former landlady was a complete spaz (and she recently sold the building which she said would take effect from April, but apparently is in effect as of the first of this month)... I wasn't sure she had accurately relayed my move-out date to the new owner. However, I managed to find out that all is well on that note and that I can move out at the end of this month with no extra rent to pay.

I also paid the deposit on the share house room. However, I am extremely disappointed in the company already. I got my acceptance to the house five days ago, paid the deposit 4 days ago, and received no notification that they had received it and the room was booked. Since they don't let you sign the contract until the move-in day, this seems to be highly inappropriate to me. So I sent an e-mail requesting they give confirmation.

Meanwhile, the selling is going well. I will be living in a big, empty, and cold room for the next three weeks, but as long as I can move everything out in time, what can I say? :)

I am almost regretting the whole thing, but I know in the long run I have made the best decision. Just have to keep reminding myself: I'm saving ~40,000yen (~$400) a month. Yay!

Other work to do... I still need to respond to Gaba about potential part-time work while in Tokyo. They say they do 6-month extendable contracts, but I want to work 3 months.... so I'm debating if I should do the six months, extend my stay at the guesthouse and come to Korea in December or January when job hunting again makes more sense.

I know you can always find jobs in Korea, but the good ones are usually the ones that can keep their teachers to the end of the year, right?

Oh well, need to contact Gaba before anything can be decided anyways~

No comments:

Post a Comment