Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Share House part 1

So, for those who read the previous posts, you know that I intend to move into a share house in Tokyo to save money (...I said that right? Maybe? Well now I did.)

So, update!

On Sunday I went to view my #1 share house. It was voted number one because it is within "walking distance" (about 30-40 min 15 if I cycle) to work, and it has available "compartments". Now, I recommend looking these up. I will post a picture when I move in at the end of the month. Basically, they take a room, chop it into smaller rooms, and then cut the room in half from top to bottom and make it like a mini-two-story-duplex-type-I-don't-know. Look it up.

So, I was shown around the house by one of the managers. Two toilets, one shared bathroom, two shared living spaces (one only for girls), one washing machine, two kitchens.... about 12-13 people. Now, if you are me you caught the one bathroom for 12-13 people and went "What?!"
As someone who will be working a 9-6 job for another month after the move and 9-2 afterwards, and I like to shower in the morning.... I hope the other 11-12 people take night showers and/or wake up late. Please god... just three months.... ohmygodwhatamithinking?! haha

Well, I saw, I left, I came back home, I did my online application, I waited a couple days, I got my admittance/acceptance (supposedly they check on your information and make sure you aren't a criminal), and today I sent the deposit + first month's rent (4 days) + first full months rent. Even with the $5 transfer fee, it totaled less than my current apartments rent. So, chance to save money, DONE!

The good thing about this is, after I added my average utility bills to my rent, I realized that I pay a total of ~$840 a month. Wow! Mind you I have my OWN bathroom, my OWN kitchen, and my OWN private insanity arena. ;)
I will miss these, but the compartment will cost me $440 a month, all utilities included. Also, downsizing now will make my move to the guesthouse dormitory that much easier. I hope.

So, now to focus on selling, cleaning, packing, cleaning, selling, and maybe some work too. XD

I don't need anyone to wish me luck, I've never had much. However, if you see the sandman, send him my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment